Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Today's Workout


With the triathlon season right around the corner and Ironman Louisville 215 days away I decided it's time to get back to training. In the past, I've done a 36-week training plan for Ironman but I've found this to be way too long to be in hardcore two-a-day training. I've decided to do something different this year and try out a 20 week Ironman training plan that overlaps with my 16 week half-Ironman training plan. What that really means is I don't have to start "officially" training until the end of February and my current training is "offseason" training. I'm not following an "offseason" plan, I'm really just spending an hour every weekday morning either biking or running and trying to avoid swimming like the plague ;). On the weekend days I'll do a longer bike/run brick and a longer run one day.


This morning was spent running for 45 minutes on the treadmill at 75% max heart rate followed by a short lifting workout. My lifting workout consists of doing push ups, crunches, and bicep curls. I try to do at least 100 push ups and 100 crunches everyday to keep my core strength up.

No comments:

Post a Comment