Saturday, January 22, 2011

Welcome To Green Hair and Saddle Sores


Welcome to my new blog, Green Hair and Saddle Sores, that is dedicated to the beginner / intermediate triathlete. This blog really spawned out of the fact that there is a ton of information out there about triathlons, but nearly all of it is created by top age-groupers who are Kona regulars or pro's who have dedicated their whole life to the sport of triathlon. While I'm not trying to say the information they present isn't good and valuable information, some of it just isn't practical for your average middle-of-the-pack triathlete. For most of us, who consider ourselves triathetes, we have a family, full time job and many other responsibilities that mean we can't dedicate hours and hours a day to training, thousands of dollars to the latest hi-tech training gear and eat perfectly all-natural foods all the time. For those of you looking for in depth articles about increasing power output on the bike, ways to tweak your aero position and the latest information on diet you should probably look elsewhere, because I haven't done the sport long enough to be able to help. This blog is dedicated to those of us who do the sport for the challenge, to stay in shape and just get to that finish line, hopefully a bit faster than the last time we finished.


A little about the name, as it turns out "beginner" triathlete blogs are a really popular thing to start and never maintain. All the good triathlon blog names like, "Everyday Triathlete", "Fat Slow Triathlete", and "Triathlete Dad" were taken. I must have typed names in for 30 minutes trying to find a free name for my new blog. Every time I typed a name in that was taken I would then go visit that blog hoping to find a new blog to visit regularly and every time I would visit a blog I would find a blog with a nicely written welcome message, like this one, 2 or 3 more entries and then that was it. My promise to you is to actually keep my blog up to date with regular material. Anyway, back to the name, if you are a beginner you may not realize if you have light colored hair and swim often at the pool it can start to tint your hair green. Don't believe me? Google it. Of course anyone who has ever biked for any length of time will be familiar with the concept of saddle sores. Personally I've never really had to deal with either affliction. I have dark hair and while I chaff some on the bike I've never had holdover until the next day (knock on wood). I thought it was a clever name so I went with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment