Friday, September 30, 2011

Today's Workout

Given I'm still in my "offseason" I'm really not doing much of a workout plan right now.  I know that I shouldn't just be sitting around but I also know that the training season is long and hard and doing regimented workouts at this point in the year will lead to burnout later in the year.  Today I really wanted to get my workout in at noon time so I didn't have to do it tonight after family game night.  The original plan was to head over to the gym at 12:00 and workout until 1:30 but I got a call from my boss at 9:00 am and he told me that he wanted to do a working lunch.  I had a meeting scheduled from 2-4 and I had another meeting at 11-12 which left me with the dilemma, do I work out at 9:30am or wait until tonight after the kids go to bed.  I was worried if I waited until tonight that I may end up skipping the workout so I headed over to the gym at nearly 10am for a quick 40 minute run on the treadmill.  Ended up getting in 5 miles and had a good solid run.  Now tonight I'm going to try and sneak in some weight training and call it a day. 

Weekly Totals:
Swim: 0 meters
Bike: 60 minutes (Did FTP test on Wednesday night)
Run: 5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment