Saturday, October 1, 2011

Workout Log

Today I ended up doing 2 workouts.  I started the morning off at 8:00am with a 30 minute continuous swim.  I really don't have to be swimming right now but I decided that I better swim at least one time a week or I will regret it come the start of my Ironman training plan in January.  The swim went alright.  I chuckle sometimes how hard it used to be to swim even 10 minutes.  The monotony of staring at the black line for any length of time just drove me insane but now I can zone out and swim for an hour or more without much issue.  I think that after 4 years of training for Ironman you start to develop the mental capacity for doing long and monotonous workouts. If nothing else you get a lot of time to just zone out and think.  Maybe it's like an active meditation or something. Anyway's tonight I told myself that if the Iowa State vs. Texas football game started to go crappy I would go workout instead.  Well halfway through the 2nd quarter the game went south so I took the boys upstairs for their bathes and then headed down for some time on the bike.  I did 10 minute warm up and then did a 35 minute interval at 216 watts, 5 minute break, then a 25 minute interval at 219 watts and finally a 5 minute cool down.  All in all not too bad of workout day for an off season fun workout.

Weekly totals:
Swim: 30 minutes
Bike: 2:15
Run: 5 miles (40 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment