Monday, October 31, 2011

Training Log

I'm sure the one person who actually reads this blog may have noticed that I didn't put any training updates up all week.  Don't worry I did actually train I just wasn't very good about keeping the blog up to date with my training sessions.  This week was week two of my EN training plan and I have figured out that this is going to be a painful 16 weeks.  I have found that the running is the hardest I had to do 1.5 mile repeats and my god they were hard.  I'm wondering if I'm running too fast on the intervals.  Last week when I did my 1 mile intervals they were coming in right about 6 minutes which is fast 5k pace.  I think I may back it off just a little to more of a 7 minute pace and see how that feels.  Over the weekend I did a 30 mile bike ride outside, actually my first outdoor bike ride since Ironman Louisville and if was kind of tough.  I pressed the pace pretty hard to see if my 2 whole weeks of EN have started to pay off, turns out it may be a bit soon to be expecting results ;)  This week is a new training week we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment