Monday, October 17, 2011

Ironman Training Officially Started

Today I officially started my Ironman training and will be in training for the next 328 days.  Technically my next race is only 201 days away on May 5th but since I'm planning on doing two Ironman races this year, one early season and one late season, I have to train pretty much the whole year.  This year I'm doing an Endurance Nation training plan in hopes up significantly improving my overall race performance and assuming I stick too it religiously I should be successful.

Tonight's workout was my baseline FTP test on the bike.  I can't get the data off of my bike power meter so I'm not able to get my normalized power so I have to use average power instead.  I'm assuming average power is a bit more the normalized power so really all that means is I will have to work harder over the first training 8 weeks of my training until my next test.

Workout:
10' - Warmup
20' - Max effort (avg watts 250)
2' - rest
20' - Max effort (avg watts 241)
10' - Cool down
FTP: 233 watts

Weekly Totals:
Swim: 0'
Bike: 1:02
Run: 0'

No comments:

Post a Comment