Thursday, October 20, 2011

Run Test

Today was my 3 mile run test as part of gathering my fitness baselines at the start of the EN outseason training plan.  This is the first year that I've ever done the EN outseason training plan and I'll tell you what testing week is tough.  I warmed up with a mile at a pretty slow pace with a few 30 second pick ups at race pace.  Once I was done with the warm up I went right into the 3 mile run.  The first 1.5 miles wasn't too bad but let me tell you the last half was tough.  I ended up with 20:25 time and my average heart rate came it at 150 which I don't believe, I think my heart rate monitor was messed up.  I'm not sure what to do since this test was about establishing a Lactace Threshold Heartrate.  I think I may just use the standard age calculation method and call it good for a while and possibly test again sometime later this week or next week.  If nothing else I established a 3 mile time that I can test against next time I do my run.

Workout:
1 mile warm up
3 mile run (20:25)

Weekly Totals:
Swim: 0'
Bike: 1:02
Run: 30'

No comments:

Post a Comment