Sunday, November 20, 2011

Outseason Week 5 Complete

Tonight I finished up week number 5 of my outseason training plan and I have to say that I'm really happy with how it went. The last two weeks have been some of the best training weeks I've had since I started training for Ironman. For the past 2 weeks I haven't missed any workouts and in fact been getting extra workouts in. Last week I did an extra run and today I did a 40 minute swim before I did my hour long 3x1 mile repeats. So far every workout has been above FTP targets and I'm feeling pretty good that my next power test will show I've gained 10-20 watts on my FTP from my first test. All in all im really enjoying training this year and I hope I can keep this motivation all year. I think it helps that im not waking up at the butt crack of dawn to train and right now I only have to train one time a day. Eventually I'll have to get up at 5am to train but there is no need to do it when i don't have too. There will plenty of time to get up early and train but right now is not that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment