Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day Run

For athletes training for the Ironman there are no off days just because its a holiday. In fact holidays are good days to get in long training sessions because you have the whole day off. Today I had a run and in reality I had 3x1 mile repeats but since it was a holiday I decided to forgo the intervals and just do an hour long run. I was at my inlaws house in Thor which worked out well because they have a bike trail that runs right though the town. I jumped on the bike trail headed 4 miles out and subsequently had a 4 mile run back. It was a good run, 43 degrees, a pretty good wind but I ran perpendicular to it so it wasn't much of an issue. I was a bit tired when I got back but it wasn't too bad. Now I'm going to sit back and enjoy a good dinner, some relaxation and a bit of football. All in all a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment